1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Oct 29, 2013.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think it bothers people in a larger context, Sonner, because the more of these shitty movies the studios sink money into, the fewer opportunities for other things to get made. And when other things aren't getting made, then people go see these retreads. And when people go see these retreads, studios put their money into more retreads.

It's a bad cycle, and the more seasons we see with TV-shows-as-movies or the fifth in a series or whatever other non-creative ideas means fewer seasons where people take chances with new stuff.

2. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Did anybody actually like the Entourage finale?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The last scene with Ari was not a coherent end. The only coherent end was Eric and Sloan getting back together, which could easily go to shit again. The rest of the guys? There was never enough of a coherent storyline for there to be a coherent end. It's not as if we had time to give a shit about Vince and Alice Eve's character? (Other than for the enjoyment of looking at Alice Eve).

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That more or less sums it up for me.

The rule of thumb with sequels is that they will be half as good as the original and make twice as much money. How diluted will a TV show that lasted eight seasons be in movie form?

And with Entourage, it's not like a film allows them to go anywhere content-wise they couldn't go on HBO.

Like I said, it's a money-grab.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure my wife would leave me for Turtle. Skinny Turtle though, not Season 1 Turtle.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She'd also leave you for Logan Echolls, so she must be VERY excited about the coming slate of movies.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

You mean these guys?

[​IMG]

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I leave it to her to find this news out on her own...I mean, I can't just hand her over to them! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted