1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Stephens, Jul 25, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They really telegraphed it, too. You could see it coming, but I just kept doubting Entourage would go there.

2. LeCranke

LeCranke Member

Entourage gets 2.1 million viewers a week for each new episode.

I'll throw in another 900K for DVR use.

3 million.

Roughly you can expect a third of TV show viewers to see a movie based on the show in the first week.

You can do the math -- it ain't nowhere near $50 million. And that's with CAA buying up $20 million in tickets!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be surprised if the movie couldn't do $50 million.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

this was a pretty strong episode but i'm certainly not giving 'entourage' major points for venturing into a dark place heretofor unexplored: so they used a meaningless, barely-on-the-fringe character to go there.

whoop-de-damn-doo!

now, if vince had gone there, NOW you're talkin'!

and this was the first time a character did blow on the show? really? ???

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

No. Vince did it last year, but much of it was hidden.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So what happened? What did some unknown character do?

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

SPOILER ALERT....

Some guy I can't remember offed himself after snorting a whole bunch of cocaine. Evidently he did some wrong things to Vince earlier in the series.

8. Mizzougrad96

Seth Green killed himself?!

9. Mizzougrad96

Three episodes in and it's still fucking awful.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That was one of the better episodes in recent seasons. I like the show when it gives us Hollywood wheeling and dealing. It's interesting to see a washed up Dice Man thinking he deserves more money and how a struggling producer tries to get stuff made with Vince. I want to see Ari be an agent, not mope about his wife dating.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It seems like they are setting up for Ari to end up with Dana Gordon. I always thought of him being the family guy with all the crazy shit going on around him was an important part of the show, so this kind of annoys me.

Then again, it's hard to get very worked up about anything plot-wise on a show like this.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ari was always the "act like an asshole, but he has a heart of gold (no pun intended)" guy...and cheating on his wife (he's still married...it's cheating) never seem to be his style.

Draft saved Draft deleted