1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Baloo

Baloo Member

i like entourage overall, but I can't stand eric - he's so damn whiny. Mostly I watch bec. of piven, who's hilarious. I loved the scene (must have been last season) when after he gets fired, he is sitting in his assistant's car and his assistant gives him an inspirational speech and then stevie wonder plays on the radio.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Big Entourage fan here, and something's lost off the fastball for the moment.

The characters were a little cartoonish last night - hadn't seen that before. I didn't even like the Woods cameo.

The writing was a step slow as well.

I noticed Chris Henchy wasn't listed on the opening credits. He wrote my favorite episodes last year. If he's not involved, that's a loss.

3. Stupid

Stupid Member

Still don't get the excitement over The Wire. it's a decent show but realism is hardly its forte. it makes the street druglord world more than it really is.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I've said this before, I think the show's biggest weakness is that Eric is the only dynamic character. Ari, Turtle and Johnny Drama basically do the same thing every show. Their actions and moods don't ever change. Vince too, to a lesser extent. Throughout the first two seasons, Eric was a little harder to peg. The relationship between Eric and Vince, to me, is the most compelling thing about the show. The rest of the characters are basically just there for you to laugh at.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That's kinda creepy, when you think about the stuff she was talking about last night ;)

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

Not very realistic, Zeke. I am a former druglord and I know.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It must be freezing in the Gold house. Mrs. Ari's nipples actually poked me in the eyes.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Probably because the writers include a former Baltimore police officer and Sun police beat reporter.

Shits on all other television.

9. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

She was also the voice of Milo on The Oblongs, which should never have been cancelled. And she was in the HBO show Unscripted.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I think we can all agree Video Ho #1 (the skinny one) and James Woods' girlfriend need to return.

Kevin Dillon's Drama is getting better and better. His facial expressions kill me.

11. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

What do you mean by "dynamic"? I think we've seen a lot from Ari's character. We see the other side of him when he's at home with his wife and we've seen him be completely beaten and vulnerable. Same thing with Vince, his love story arc with Mandy Moore told us about his past and stripped away some of that Fonzie-like veneer, like he might be on top of the world, but he can't have everything.
    Turtle and Drama, yes, are in many ways running in place, but I think that's by design. We all have friends who refuse to grow up and when they are entrusted with responsibility, fail and fail spectacularly. At least we can say they both have some ambition (Drama with acting, Drama trying to sign a rapper), though they put little effort into it.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Everything Ari does is 100% about Ari. We've seen him with the wife, but I can't think of a situation where you've seen him show any genuine, selfless affection toward her. You saw a "softer" side of Ari in the Bat Mitzvah episode, but even as he's giving a speech about his daughter he's totally absorbed with why Vince is talking to Terrance.

I agree about Vince and the arc with Mandy Moore. But I guess what I'm saying is, even as the "low point" in his character as we've seen it, it really wasn't that low. When I say "dynamic," I'm saying the only character who you can really empathize with his highs and lows is Eric.

Draft saved Draft deleted