1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Didn't see tonight, but I devoured the season 2 DVDs last week.

One of my three favorite shows on TV.

2. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

entourage was fine. lucky louie was all right -- not particularly well acted, but it had some really funny lines. you've got to be ok with vulgarity, which I clearly am. had to work tonight, but this sunday night block is gonna occupy a major block of my time on most weeks. with the wire at 8, deadwood at 9, entourage at 10 and lucky louie at 10:30, it will be entertaining.

3. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

I watched the Entourage-Louie hour. Last year at this time I didn't have HBO, so this was really only the second time I'd seen Entourage.

I liked it just fine. James Woods was funny, and any time you can find an excuse to show Maria Menudos is good.

Louie was pretty funny. I don't really like sitcoms anymore, but they found a few laugh-out-loud lines.

I'll watch both again next week.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

Entourage hit the ground running. Lucky Louis was OK, a couple of laughs but that's it.

I wish Entourage was an hour but comedies are never that long.

5. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I graduated from UCLA last year but I still live right next to campus. The movie theatre where they shot the premiere scene is a real theatre, its called The Fox, and its right next to the UCLA campus, I actually saw them shooting that scene this past fall. All of the major movie premieres are held at the fox theatre, so at least once a month they're shutting down part of westwood village for it.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

They also shoot a ton of interiors at the Pacific Design Center.

Based on the view and from personal experience, I'm 90% certain that Ari's new office is shot in the 9000 Sunset building.

7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

The highlight on the entire showcase night for HBO was a repeat of "The Wire". I almost forgot how fucken good that show is.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Genius bit of casting with Mercedes Ruehl as Vince/Johnny's mom.

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I've seen the first three episodes of the first season and I think it sucks. Acting (except Piven) blows, characters are self-absorbed, unfunny pricks and I sit there wondering, Why am I watching these dumb fucks?

Someone help me out here. Does it get better or is this simply not gonna be my cup of tea?

10. Yes, it gets better. Second season is better than the first. And things start to pick up during the last episodes of the first season.

Just go along for the ride...

11. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Thanks, JM. I had a similar experience with Sex and the City ... I got hooked eventually and really enjoyed. I'll give it a shot ... maybe these guys will start acting like human beings SOON. ::)

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Eric and, to some extent, Ari and Vince, will. Drama and Turtle will still be caricatures played for comedy.

Draft saved Draft deleted