1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Really? I thought the second episode was really funny.

No matter. For me, it's 30 minutes of entertaining comfort food every Sunday night.

Especially after today's Bears performance.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

God, this series is so far off the rails, it's not even funny. This sucks so bad.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I wasn't able to tell from your last post that you didn't like it. Thanks for clarifying ;)

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Change the channel.

As for tonight's episode. It was all right. I was getting annoyed with the little spat between between Davies and Ari. But then Ari ends it as only Ari can. Piven is awesome. Best single scene I've seen on the show in awhile.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This episode was 25 minutes of Piven and Dillon acting like maniacs.

6. "I did it sucking my boyfriend's dick."

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

A big leap from what I consider one of the best episodes in the show's history.

Entourage fans can pretty much be broken into two camps: Fans of the characters or fans of the premise.

I, for one, love when the show is about the inner-workings of Hollywood, particularly involving Eric and/or Ari.

My friend Joe, however, prefers when the show is about a quartet (sometimes quintet) of mid-20 something guys who have all the money and time in the world.

The show is at its apex when it combines both worlds, like One Day in the Valley.

Next week's episode looks great, though.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just catching up on this thread. I agree with you about Turtle. But some of the biggest mooches I know will choose the meal ticket over the pretty girl because they don't want to lose the meal..

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

*spoilers, so don't read if you haven't seen episode three*

I loved last night's episode. It reminded me of the first season or two, when the show really got me. I don't expect this show to be serious. I expect it to reflect Hollywood reality, but exaggerate it into something entertaining. Ari's character at it's best is funny as hell. Same with Drama. The Davies stuff made me laugh. Everyone knows a guy like Ari -- who will go to the mattresses, and when you think about the shit he has done that is over the line, it makes for the funniest stories you have. Guys like that are hysterical (well as a concept they are). The whole Fran Drescher, Jewishy over-the-top Sweet 16 thing *is* a reality in NY and LA. There really are people like that who think that spending a million dollars on a party, and going over the top with it to try to make it more extravagant than what the next rich guy did, makes them special. The girl, with the bandage still on from the nose job and the annoying parents and Vince having to deal with that shit for a buck was funny. I love it when Marvin yells at him. And how couldn't you not laugh when Drama was yakking at the end? Vince whores himself out, is all set to collect $250K and Turtle gets in the zinger, "I hope you got the money in advance." I actually laughed out loud for the first time in two seasons, when Drama was yakking.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

*More spoilers.*

Perfect casting for the parents, too. Fran Drescher never fails to annoy, which was the point this time. I loved Kevin Pollack's line, telling the truth about his daughter's nose job.

As usual, it's all about Ari and Drama, though I thought the whole puking thing was pretty predictable with the heavy drinking. I love that Ari actually slapped Davies. You knew Ari was going to find some way to "win," but it was still fun watching him pull it off.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Hilarious episode yet again. Drama, Ari, and Llyod were fantastic. This is so much better than last season already.

According to wikipedia, Drama is going to have a huge meltdown on The View soon. Epic.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure everybody wanted that spoiled, though they hinted at the appearance on The View beign trouble in the next episode previews last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted