1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage season 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Sep 7, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I love how Turtle got caught having phone sex. And that his mom treats him like he is 18.

It's funny how they are superstars in L.A., but they come back to Queens and they still have the parents nagging on them.

TURTLE WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL COMES HOME AT 6 AM!!!!

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

If I was going to have phone sex, I would not use a landline that my mom could pick up.
    Didn't Turtle get his cellphone back the night before?
    I know, it's only a TV show.

3. Sly

Sly Active Member

I've never had a problem with Grenier, mostly because no one's ever asked him to carry the show. Kevin Connolley, though, might be the worst working actor in Hollywood today. What a munchkin.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a really good read.

I'm guessing that once the show runs its course, most of this cast (other than Piven and the guy who plays Lloyd) will have a lot of trouble finding work.

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I absolutely disagree about Connolly. He performs the role about how it should be performed. When he gets forceful with Ari, I think he pulls it off perfectly.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I hate when Connolly acts like he is tough. I don't care where the kid was raised, he isn't kicking anyone's ass.

When is Curb coming back? Next September?

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

http://larrydavidfan.com/2008/06/26/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-7-a-year-and-a-bit-away/

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

For the first time in the show's history, Vince showed fear and frustration. Up to that point, he believed that things would always work out in his and their favor. Think about and the season as a whole. He's coming of the failure of Medellín and cannot get work. Finally, after Ari and E manipulate the system, he gets into Smokejumpers, only to find that the director absolutely hates him and sabotages Vince's character. He's forced to go back to Queens, not as a conquoring hero, but as a failure.

Now, think about the episode. His mother criticizing his habits ("party all night and sleep all day.''); his telling Ari that she was treating him "like she normally treats Johnny." The reluctance to have E try to talk to Gus Van Zant. Two years of failure built up and he exploded.

His mother is a neighborhood woman. She's content where she lives. She knows everyone; it's safe. It's home.

Also, think about when Aquaman debuted. She wasn't going to go until she learned that E's and Turtle's mothers were going. The boys appealed to her jealousy to get her to fly out for the debut.

Draft saved Draft deleted