1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage, new season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Piven is a very good actor? Compared to Lancelot Link?

I watch this show, and I enjoy it, but in the same way I enjoy a candy bar from time-to-time.

The television equivalent of Maxim magazine.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Piven's best part was when he was the George clone for the Seinfeld pilot (show within a show). That's when he had no hair. He actually also was good on The Larry Sanders Show, Cupid and Ellen. Again, when he had no hair.

Oh, and whomever said someone dropped hints about an Entourage movie (yes, I'm too lazy to look back at the thread), Doug Ellin has actually come out and said that. He wants to do a half-season for the final season and end it with a movie.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jeremy Piven gave up his most-recent Broadway role because he claimed mercury poisoning, prompting the producer to say, 'He's left us for a career as a thermometer."

The stories that came out while this was going on were pretty funny.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Adam Carolla used to ask guests on his podcast, "Other than Jeremy Piven, who is the biggest asshole in Hollywood?"

More than once the response was "Well, I would have said Piven."

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

True Jeremy Piven story: He showed up at Nobu, an upscale sushi restaurant in NYC, with 12 people and no reservation. They found a way to sit him anyhow. Instead of leaving a tip on his $1,000 check, though, he left an Entourage DVD on the table. The waiter picked it up, followed him out of the restaurant and threw it at him. He's been asked never to return to Nobu again.

I have also read that he's been dropped by at least two publicists, because they couldn't stand him.

6. At what point did Piven just fully embrace being an asshole? I mean, some of those stories, if true, you pretty much have to be TRYING that hard to be an asshole.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So he apparently does eat a lot of sushi. I think he really did have mercury poisoning.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Usually when I'm this far into a show I'll only quit watching if the producers aren't true to the characters or if the characters become hateful and insufferable (as was the case about 6 years into Gilmore Girls).
    It's hard to believe they have so few ideas coming off a break this long, though.
    You can't say it's that they were setting up the whole season. They introduced a few plot points: sexual harrassment, Drama's development deal, E getting married. But the show didn't really get those points moving in any particular direction.
    A pretty lousy episode that merely showed that Nick Cassavetes has neck tats.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

His best part was as the lead in "Cupid," the ABC show that ran about 13 episodes with Paul Marshall around 1998.
    He might even have been better in that than as Ari.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a pretty big accomplishment to widely be considered the biggest douchebag in a city filled with douchebags.

A friend of mine worked with Piven twice, on Grace Under Fire back in the late 1990s and on some Don King movie and said he was a Hall of Fame asshole even before he was famous.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This was my last episode. I just don't care about any of the characters.

The actress who plays Sloan, while gorgeous, could be the worst actress I've ever seen.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That was one of the best 30 Rock rips of all time -- Jenna had to pull out of a role because she has mercury poisoning "from obsessively taking my rectal temperature."

Draft saved Draft deleted