1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage, new season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll keep watching too. I think next season is supposed to be the last one, but since almost nobody who is on the show will get significant work after the show is done, they'd be smart to milk it as long as they can.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wonder how much each of those guys are getting per episode at this point? Or at any point.

3. Mizzougrad96

I'm guessing they're all doing pretty well, even by HBO standards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Mizzougrad96

According to the NY Post, the five leads all have a contract that pays them $100K an episode.

Since they only make 12 or so episodes a year, that's not much by Hollywood standards for guys in the seventh season of a hit show that will almost certainly be sold into syndication.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I gather that they do well. Am curious exactly HOW well they do.

I'm stunned you don't have the dollar figures for these guys.

Edit: Stunned no more. Isn't it already in syndication on Spike?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Already in syndication on Spike or something. Everything is probably censored... but I've never seen it.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How much has Marky Mark made off the series?

8. Mizzougrad96

If it's in syndication, a truckload. But it was his idea, so he deserves every cent.

I'm stunned the actors are only making $100K an episode. I would have figured Piven, Grenier and Connelly would be more than twice that and Dillon and Ferrara would be at about $100K. During the final season or two of the Sopranos, they had about five actors making between $300K and $500K an episode and probably another five making over $100K an episode.

These shows make a fortune in syndication and even more in DVD sales. Wahlberg and HBO and making a mint, but the fact that nobody on the show has had even the slightest bit of success doing anything else can be used against them in negotiations. Of course the same could very easily have been said about the Sopranos cast.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't want to be contratrian, but Kevin Dillon's filmography includes 'The Doors,' 'Platoon,' 'Heaven Help Us' and 'Hotel for Dogs.'

10. Mizzougrad96

Dillon and Ferrara are lucky to be making what they are. It's the three main guys who I would argue are underpaid.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ari has been in a bunch of other things. He was Cheese in Old School and I feel like every time I turn on the television he has some other role in some other show -- he's like a real life Johnny Drama.

12. Mizzougrad96

Piven has a reputation as being the biggest asshole in Hollywood and that's considered to be the main reason why he doesn't work more. For a long time, he was cast mostly because he was friends with John Cusack.

Very good actor, but I would argue his best part prior to Entourage was PCU and that was probably 15 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted