1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage, new season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 28, 2010.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Used to really love this show, but for the past 2-3 seasons, its only surprises have come in the ways it lets me down.

What's worse, Emmanuelle Chriqui dropped hints to USA Today the other day about an Entourage movie. I would rather watch Billy Walsh's final cut of Medellin.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I can't wait for Sasha Grey to show up as Vince's girlfriend.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I loved up through season five. The last episode of that season, where the boys are in Queens and Vince gets the role in Gatsby, was one of my favorite episodes. Season six was kind of lame, seven is off to a bad start.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

An Entourage movie would bomb.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Depends on what you'd consider bombing, I guess.

Grown Ups is getting terrible reviews, but still pulled in more than $40 million last weekend.

Now...if by bombing you mean stinking, sure, that's possible. I'd pay to see it, though.

6. Mizzougrad96

An Entourage movie would be lucky to make in total gross what Grown Ups made opening weekend.

7. JackReacher

I completely disagree. The marketing of that movie would be insane. It'd be shoved down our throats every five minutes, kinda like Grown Ups during the Finals. Maybe not to that degree, but close.

My guess is that it'd do $30-40 million opening weekend depending on when it was released.

8. Mizzougrad96

With a R rating, I think they'd be lucky to get $15-$17 million.

It won't matter. The movie will never get made.

9. JackReacher

What did the previous season get ratings wise? Was it up, down, about the same as the other seasons?

Just from this thread, it would seem interest is down. Makes sense. That show has been going on forever, it seems.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Premier sucked. Not nearly enough shots of sloan. She's so damn hot. And whatever happened to E's hot asisstant? She has to reappear and add some drama right?

Speaking of Drama - his character is hilarious but it is getting old. How long until he shaves the goatee, gets a new hairstyle and stops dressing like a ratard so he can get a starring tv role?

11. Mizzougrad96

I used to love the show. It's just gotten so stale.

12. JackReacher

It's hard for me to jump off once I get sucked into a certain show. I'll watch it from beginning to end typically, no matter how bad it gets.

Entourage, indeed, isn't as good as it once was, but it still entertains me, so I'll stick it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted