1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 8-26

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Alright, did anyone else wonder whether E and Anna are really done? Probably, but maybe not.

1. Would she really have fired him for not coming clean with her right up front? I can see being pissed, but fired? Possible, very possible, but I'm not sure.

2. E was late to the airport. How long does getting fired take? He had plenty of time when they sat down to have a drink, then boom, he's late. I think he "boomed" her.

I liked this episode a lot. The only thing I thought was stupid was Drama. It seemed like in the first two seasons he was crazy, but not sitcom crazy, like real person crazy. He was somewhat grounded in logic and was while he usually tried to cover it, very self aware. Now he's like a bad sitcom every week. He's like a caricature of a crazy actor rather than being just a crazy actor.

Nevertheless, really looking forward to the finale.

2. Best line ever: A wife is like a herpes sore. She comes and goes where and when she pleases.

3. Drama has become fuckin ridiculous, and Turtle has been reduced dramatically with E's rise in prominence (even higher rise)...

Billy still makes me want to punch the screen...

Lloyd always steals the show...

Ari's wife is hot...

I hate Anna Faris...

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Drama sucks. The character is obnoxious without being funny and annoying without any redeeming value.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Entourage has become like many sitcoms (and in a shorter period of time): The characters have become caricatures of themselves and special guest stars are just plopped in the show just to have special guest stars.

Other than that Ari line, I thought that episode was weak.

I'm also amazed that the group thought a 3-hour delay meant they could leave LAX, have a meeting and get back ... and in LA traffic no less.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Am I the only one hoping Medellian is an Ishtar-type disaster?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know what I'm hoping for anymore with this show... Ari is always great, but I think it was a huge mistake to have Drama have any level of acting success and they hardly let Turtle do anything anymore... Other than Ari and Lloyd, the character development has been horrible for everybody except Vince, who isn't really expected to do anything anyway...

Also, Vince has now followed up a superhero movie by doing three straight smaller films with the same director...

The show is at its best when they show actors getting all of the perks that most of us will never even come close to getting...

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah this episode was just stupid. we've known that ari's wife is the one who comes from money, not ari, so her shopping spree was misplaced. and even if i'm thinking too much by remembering that she is the one with all the money, that whole story line was a dumb cliche.

that's why entourage is everybody loves raymond with cursing. the husband wants to hang with the guys, the wife is upset story line has been done in every sitcom since in the history of sitcoms.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

That was no E-Anna Faris boinking. Doug Ellin said they filmed a scene of the firing but technical difficulties made them scrap the scene.

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/08/technical_difficulties_take_to.php

Also, this guy from CBSSports.com's SpIN (I guess a very poor-man's version of ESPN's Page 2) isn't enthralled with the show this year. I'm not in total agreement with what he says, but he makes some good points. Also, he notes that the Billy Walsh character was modeled after Rob Weiss (one of the show's writers and a friend of Ellin) and not Vincent Gallo.

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10320429

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Love Walsh... can't stand Faris... not remotely hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted