1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 6/18 (Spoilers Warning I guess)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Ari: "Haven't you guys ever heard of a hanging chad."

Clueless looks from kids who get their world news by watching Laguna Beach.

"Where the fuck am I?"

Brilliant

2. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

One of the top Ari episodes in series history.

The scene with his wife at the marriage counselor was classic.

Great episode all around.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I totally agree.

This show has this year left... and then I could see it becoming awful.

I thought tonight WAS entertaining, but Ragu nailed my thoughts.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

lucky louie was better last night...

but, well, question... do people really find dane cook funny?

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

At times. But he's not near as funny as he thinks he is.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Dane Cook is f'n 70s-era George Carlin or Richard Pryor compared to the other meatballs on that show. That spikey-haired mother is about as funny as getting kicked in the dick.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I read somewhere that Dane Cook is banging Jessica Simpson.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Cook can be very funny, but his material is pretty pedestrian. He's like the anti-Bill Hicks because whereas Hicks' material was based around his intelligence, Cook sort of revels in being completely dopey, sort of like Larry the Cable Guy but funny. His effectiveness is truly based on the crowd and whether or not they think phrases like "itchy asshole" are hilarious. He's crude enough to where he can be entertaining when he's on.

9. flanders

flanders Member

Agree on the "co-stars" of Tourgasm. That insecure, whiny little spiky-haired twit is brutally unfunny, not even sure what he's doing there other than being a buddy of Dane's. Bobby has the "I'm the fat, abrasive New Yawka up in ya face" thing going on and not much else, one-trick pony. Gulman plays the "I'm a neurotic Jew even though I'm 6'5", 225 lbs and ripped" card too much. And Cook isn't the least bit spontaneously funny on camera, which is weird because you get the idea that he's pretty spontaneous/off-the-cuff on stage, and a lot of that stuff IS funny, when he's screwing with the audience, etc. Overall, I'd give it a C.

Best moment in this week's Entourage for me? -- 

Chubby valley dad stands up to go to the bathroom seconds before the best part of the movie. Turtle asks him to sit down, says he's going to miss the best part. Chubby dad blows Turtle off, keeps walking.

Drama (pissed off, covered in towel): Sit. Down.

Chubby valley dad stops, stares for a second, sees that Drama is possibly demented, walks back to seat, sits down.

Priceless.

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Other than a few good lines by Ari, and maybe some funny shit by Drama, i've been disappionted by the season so far. It's only two episodes, but Turtle seems to be reading his lines as opposed to acting, eric seems half asleep, not enough of his hot girlfriend, and vince needs a haircut. He's such a frail douchebag ... struggling to see him as a major celebrity who girls shriek over at the cinema.

Lloyd also needs a bigger role. The Ari-Lloyd scenes are the best.

When was the last time you heard 'buttplug' on tV?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What, Leo DeCaprio looks like a bodybuilder to you?

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

This exactly ALL the show ever is. All sizzle, no steak.

I enjoy it.

Haven't seen Sunday's episode, but my aunt is the marriage counselor.

Draft saved Draft deleted