1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 6/18 (Spoilers Warning I guess)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

of course it's the same a lot of the time, but it's not like you watch the show like "wow, I'm really rooting for Vince to make it big, I wonder if he will" you watch it because the characters are hilarious and it's their hijinks inside the party-problem-party chain that makes the show what it is. Vince is a star, of course everything goes right for him. Such is life.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

It was a classic, epitomized everything that makes the show great, Johnny Drama over the top, Vincent being cool and spending money on his pals, Ari being Ari, in therapy, in his element, Turtle with some good cracks, E being the worry wart, a party and SoCal references.
    Glad I recorded it, 'cause it's a keeper.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

This week's show was great and it's the sort of ADD-inspired writing that keeps everything on the surface. This is strictly an entertaining sitcom with very little carry over from one week to the next. Many of the central characters from last season's storyline (Mandy Moore, Saigon, Adam Davies, the director of Queens Blvd, hell the movie Queens Blvd) basically don't exist anymore because it's Hollywood and people move on that quickly. I'm surprised Sloan got a cameo in last week's show and they didn't even mention their moms or otherwise.

There's one central theme to the season (I'm guessing this year's will be Ari trying to develop his own agency) and everything else around that just sort of happens from week to week. Main goal is that the characters stay entertaining and generally consistent.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I am now more of a Piven fan than ever before.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Piven rocks.
    He has this "Journey to India" show on the Travel Channel that really shows who he is. Great guy.
    Classic voice.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

One minor quibble...as much as they try to make the show a behind-the-scenes-look at Hollywood.....it isn't. If Vince was starring in a huge summer action movie, he wouldn't be goofing around L.A. with his buddies the week it opened. He would be in New York getting ready to appear on Letterman and John Stewart and "TRL Live" and "Good Morning America" and "The View". Even if he was in L.A., he would be getting ready to go on "The Tonight Show" and doing satellite interviews. And then there would be all the international press to worry about. I mean, you know Tobey Maguire wasn't about to go to a high school keg party the day "Spider-Man" opened.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Great point. But the show isn't realistic in lots of ways. There is a much better chance Vince's career path goes Freddy Prinze Jr. than Tom Cruise, but that isn't going to happen in this show.

8. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Sure he'd be doing the talk show circuit, but it's not inconceivable that he'd have one night off. A lot of promotion is done in the weeks leading up to the movie. It's possible he had one day off between doing L.A. media before the movie and flying to NY to do east coast promotion afterward.
    Also, in the past they had him on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Probably didn't want to go back to that well. I loved the concept of the "biggest fucking movie star in the world" at a high school house party.

9. tyler durden 71351

Freddy Prinze Jr. works steady...and he's married to Sarah Michelle Geller. That ain't bad for a guy who sucks. Vince would be lucky to end up like that. That would be a cool thing to do in an upcoming season...Vince picks a bad movie after "Aquaman" and his career flops. Does he start taking jobs to pay the bills? Does he cut Drama and Turtle loose? Does he blame E and/or Ari for the dip in fame? Would E beat himself up for giving Vince bad advice?

10. tyler durden 71351

That would be funny though...to have an episode with the crew staying in a nice hotel in Manhattan while Vince does his Aquaman rounds....E and Ari would be worried about getting Vince through the media blitz...Drama and Turtle would be chilling out in hotel bathrobes, drinking beers, eating steaks and getting massages on the studio's tab. Or maybe you could have Turtle trying to get Saigon's demo in the hands of an MTV guy....

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why would Turtle being doing that? It's not like MTV is a music channel these days.

It might be interesting to see how their old buddies back home in NYC would treat them. Of course, I was hoping to see more interaction between Vince, Drama and their mother and even Turtle and his mother.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Entourage was great.

I have been so disappointed by Lucky Louie and Tourgasm. It's frustrating that such talented casts on both shows are producing such mediocre efforts.

Draft saved Draft deleted