1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 5/6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sharky22, May 6, 2007.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

No Lloyd...again. Great episode, though. I wonder how much Cartier paid for the product placement.

2. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Agreed, one of the best episodes in a long long time. I also agree, too much Drama. He is a worse actor than Vince.

Only problem I had because I am super lame about stuff like this: Yom Kippur happens in late September or early October. Del Mar racing season ends early in September. Ah, what are you going to do.

Can't wait for next Sunday. Sounds like an entire episode about getting Vinnies No. 1 movie back. Should be a good one.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for high holidays humor. Calling the reformed temple "half a church", counting the minutes until sundown -- all great stuff.

The A plot made no sense, but it was great fun to watch. It's all that I ask for in this show. The Drama/horse stuff was really dumb.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

Ari pretending to be fluffing couch cushions while checking his text messages was too much.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'd hardly call it the best episode ever ... last week's was so putrid that nearly anything else would stand up to it. There were some good moments, but the horse stuff and many of the sitcom-like lines keep it at C level. This show went downhill fast. Let's see if they can maneuver it back up the mountain (although next week's tease of Turtle asking someone out as a plotline looks to continue the supposed background guys being in the foreground).

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

also, you break the yom kippur fast with a dairy meal -- yuck -- and i believe ari's wife or someone offered vince/eric to join them for brisket! correct me if i'm wrong, my hebrew brethren, but brisket WOULD NEVER be part of the break fast meal.

a shot of schnapps, pickled herring, white fish with bones to get stuck in your throat, boiled potatoes, etc. but NO BRISKET!!

enjoyed the show anyway.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good episode... I loved that Amanda dropped Vince, as a boyfriend and a client, rather than the other way around...

My prediction based on the rumors and the preview... Vince finances the movie, it bombs and his career goes into the shitter...

If that's the case, it will be a big mistake, but everything I read hints at that...

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Piven was tremendous.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. He got what he deserved there.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she still dropped the ball. She was too cautious and cost Vince the movie that was his absolute No. 1 priority.

11. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

Horse stuff wasn't funny to me for the most part. Vince's agent was easy on the eyes, but really killed the story.

I also think that this show stopped being as enjoyable when they made the mistake of thinking we'd give a damn what happens in their lives -- they made an attempt at a sort of lame story at the expense of some of the jokes that made the show funny. I don't laugh like I used to with this show. Even though E whines like a little girl, I miss him and Ari butting heads.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The show has lost its energy.

Drama is a cardboard character and that horse scene was just plain stupid.

Jeremy Piven is the ONLY actor that keeps this show together.

No Ari, no show.

Draft saved Draft deleted