1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage 5/6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sharky22, May 6, 2007.

1. Sharky22

Sharky22 Member

I think it was a big step up for the show. Kept at around 26-27 minutes and there was much more substance. Plus, I think it got away from the burgeoning romance.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Perhaps the best ep in the series' history.... BY FAR the best Sops/Entourage perfecta.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fuck me running. I set my timer for the SNL in the 90's thing. I think I'm recording it at like 2:30 a.m. But I'm dying to see it now!

4. 35in44

35in44 Member

The ending, for the second time tonight, left me at "didn't think that was coming." Although the one in the Sopranos was more surprising, this one was good. Awesome episode.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

SPOILER:

It more than got away from the romance. It ended it. (Thankfully.)

No disrespect to hottie Carla Gugino, but I wasn't much for that storyline.

6. This was a pretty good ep and I think the best of the season so far without question. It's amazing what happens when they actually advance a story a little bit. I know people like to insist that this show "isn't about that." But I don't buy that. Just because it's not supposed to be serious doesn't mean there can't be plotlines that play out over time. Tonight had a good balance of carefree activity combined with storyline work.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

When this show focuses on business it is absolutely fascinating.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And Harris Yulin has been so fucking good in so many things.

One of those wonderful scoops of almost-forgotten-character-actor ice cream this show is so adept at serving up.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Any episode with tons of Ari is a good one. Less Vince, more Ari is the key to great Entourage eps.

10. Sharky22

Sharky22 Member

Well, it seemed like the romance was warping the Vince character and it seems like this episode may get him back on track.

Yes, he is by far not a great actor, but he is supposed to be the lead of the show (although this move may make Ari more of the lead).

And yes, I don't doubt that the writers made Vince annoying because of the romance, but I found him to be really annoying. I'm sure they did that on purpose. Or at least I'd hope they did.

Shoot, keep to the formula. Don't let Vince get in that relationship. Have him do what we expect celebrities to do. Get some hot female cameos and keep them focused more on business. That's what has made good episodes in the past.

11. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Great interaction between Piven and Goldberg.

My problem with this episode and the show in general right now is the emphasis to make Drama a regular story arc. You gave the guy a pilot. Enough. Now you've got him getting Punk'd and then thsi week, buying a horse and then having it run away? Gimme a break.

This show should revolve around 1. Ari (50 percent); 2. Vince (30 percent); 3. Everybody else combined (20 percent)

Great Ari reference to Philly Mick at Winged Foot.

12. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Harris Yulin was such a great surprise--not like Martin Landau last year, but still a great cameo nonetheless. I'll give it a vote as best episode of the year thus far--a week after the worst episode in recent memory.

Draft saved Draft deleted