1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage - 2nd to last ep of season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 20, 2006.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

That's some ignorant shit right there.

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed the episode... of course, I don't take it nearly as seriously as the rest of you guys. Ari is by far my favorite on the show... they could do a show with just him and base it around his other clients.

3. what does the wire having a black cast have to do with my opinion of the show?

seriously. can someone explain this?

i know that several of you are simple minded and that's the main reason you remain anonymous, but the race of the cast has nothing to do with my opinions of tv shows.

also, it's a well-known, accepted fact that season 6 of the sopranos took a big step back... i'm far from the only person who has ripped season 6.... and just about all the people i know connected to acting and television agree that season 3 of entourage is poor. my opinion of these shows is not outside the mainstream.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

"important TV" is an oxymoron

5. What about not watching what you consider to be a horrible show? Is that something you might be interested in, Jason?

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Either you've never actually seen the Wire, or you're a moron. There is no in between after a statement like that. I'm as fucking white as Juneau on Christmas, and I'll still say The Wire is light years better than Over There, which deteriorated into one gigantic cliche' after three episodes.

Whitlock, basically, what they're saying is that you like the The Wire because it has black people in it, and so you're somehow obligated to support it and pimp it, because black people aren't allowed to like something on merit, I guess, especially if it involves black actors.

Entourage has turned into a show for ass slappers and frat boys who like to make dick jokes, and imagine themselves as being funnier, smarter, cooler and better looking than they really are. Basically, it's Adventures of the Funkybunch, if the Funkybunch could have had their life idealised on screen by Ted Demme before he got all coked up and died trying to grab offensive rebounds.

As for The Sopranos, I have defended that show to the bitter end, but several of the final episodes in Season 6 were not up to the standards of the first five seasons. The final episode, especially, was poorly written, poorly directed, and poorly edited. The beginning of the season was great, the wedding episode was great, but too much of it toward the end (Christopher's 14-minute heroin trip, Carmella in Paris, ect.) felt like it was trying to be avant garde for avant garde's sake.

Season 4 of The Wire will, for the first time, give a lot of people an honest look what a godawful mess public schools are big cities. I'm as excited about it as I have been any season of TV ever.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought that was "SportsCenter." ::)

8. carrie

carrie Active Member

I pity simpleminded folk.
    Really, I do.
    :D

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The Sopranos blew chunks this year.

I thought it was a sad thing to see.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Entertaining episode... Mr. Lugs and I laughed our asses off at the Drama part... the cast they hired to be the "crew" couldn't have been more real. ;D

I guess I have the maturity of 12. Oh well...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unless there's a total solar eclipse of Kansas City, I can't fathom how you can hide anything.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I can't be both?
    I watched the first season of the Wire, but I missed the other seasons and I don't want to pick up with season 4 and not have any clue as to what is happening.
    Whitlock laid down a blanket statement, that the new season of the Wire was going to be the most important TV since Roots.
    Really?
    That is, on its face, an overstatement.
    But the more important question is why can't TV just be entertaining?

Draft saved Draft deleted