1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entourage - 2nd to last ep of season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Ari owned it. Drama's best of the season, too.

Kind of silly they are setting up to fire Ari ... he carries the show, and we know it won't happen.

"What if i told you I had a 22 inch cock ..."

still laughing ...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This sets up the rest of the season nicely. :D

3. wow. that episode just continued a horrible season. this series reminds me of "good times" when the writers turned it into jj shouting "dy-no-mite."

this thing is so predictable that i can guarantee you that ari will be fired in the season finale.... except for ari, all of the characters have become characters of themselves.

average tv.

thank god for the 2 30-minute shows promoting season 4 of the wire... season 4 is going to be the most important tv we've seen since roots.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

"characters of themselves?" good thing you have editors, eh, jason?.

5. I would agree that this season has been a shade weak....however, it's still better than anything on regular TV by a long way...and better than any Sex and the City bullshit.

All these guys are great, Eddie Burns and DJ AM were fantastic.

6. damn, shock. you busted me. i'm terrible. i'm a fraud. i'm typing on a message board and screwed up. i'll never show my face again. i've become a caricature of my caricature..

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

lol.

8. entourage isn't close to sex in the city. not even close. women will be talking about that show for years... we're going to forget entourage in a couple of months. turned bad really quick.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What?

10. Good lord Jason, just stop it.

I've been watching "The Wire" the last few months on HBO On Demand. And you're right ... it's great television. Right up there with The Sopranos.

But these seasons of The Entourage and The Sopranos have been good too. Great? No. But good, fun, appointment television, and worth continuing to pay for HBO when I can hardly pay my rent.

And predictable? No. You coming on here every week to slam Entourage and the Sopranos? Yes, predictable. And tired.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yo Inky,
    The Wire has black people in it, that's what makes it so important.
    Of course, one could argue that Baghdad ER or even Spike Lee's coming project on New Orleans is miles ahead of some fictionalized account of inner-city life in Baltimore. But real-life sucks.
    Personally, for me at least, Over There was the best hour of fictional television this past year, but it lasted a season and will not return.
    Entourage is what it is, a 23-minute diversion.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is Whitlock's schtick tired?

As tired as the rhetorical question device I'm going to use for the rest of this thread.

Is the Wire as good as he says? Yes. Is it because the cast is mostly black? Mostly not.

Are Entourage and the Sopranos as bad as he says this season? No.

Was Sex and the City anything but utterly terrible the last 2-3 seasons? No.

Is any of this going to keep him from needling some of you, who seem to beg to be needled? Hell no.

Draft saved Draft deleted