1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enterprising Sports Writer - The Keene Sentinel - Keene, New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ThisGuy, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ThisGuy

ThisGuy New Member

Just stumbled across this one...

Company: Keene Publishing Corp.
    Position: Enterprising sports writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: June 23, 2010
    Job ID: 807680

Description:
    The Keene Sentinel, a progressive and must-read daily in the hub city of growing southwestern New Hampshire, seeks an enthusiastic and creative reporter to join our sports department. Big on traditional old-school game stories? Then don’t bother. We want talented and resourceful people who plan to shine while giving our demanding readers coverage of two successful NCAA programs, seven high schools, a wildly popular college wooden-bat summer league team and loads of community sports in sun and snow. You’ll even get to Fenway Park and Gillette Stadium a few times. Send cover letter and resume to The Keene Sentinel, 60 West St., Keene, NH, 03431, attn: David Lanier, sports editor, or to dlanier@keenesentinel.com.

2. ThisGuy

ThisGuy New Member

Anybody know anything about this paper?

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Interviewed with Lanier a few years ago. Seems like a nice guy, albeit kinda interesting. You don't find many southeners plopped down in New England. Their office is about a block off the main drag in Keene. You're definitely in Red Sox country up there.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about the paper now, but roughly 10 years ago, it was considered an excellent stepping stone to major big-city papers. And judging from what the ad says, it may still be.

5. JohnKeene

JohnKeene New Member

I think I'll be applying purely based on my name. Wish me luck...

6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

you'll own that newspaper.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Which may or may not be a good thing.

8. fightingwords1

fightingwords1 New Member

The position's been filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted