1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enterprise, why are you still running this ad?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MacDaddy, Mar 18, 2007.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I know we've discussed before the ad where Moose is going to his class reunion and impresses the babes with his rented entry-level Cadillac. But it's been running a lot during the NCAA Tournament, and he's still going to the class of 1994 reunion. So it's, yep, their 13-year reunion.

2. Oz

Oz Active Member

Thank you, MacDaddy. I ranted to my fiancee about this very commercial yesterday, getting ready for work. Completely cheesy, unrealistic commercial.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You wish you looked as good as Moose.

Sadly, the other one where they talk about the athletes they support isn't much better. Especially the guy who graduates, raises his diploma, and everyone cheers. Yeah, sure.

4. Or the one where the couple is planning to go to the football game and the husband is waving the stupid foam finger at the end with the cheesy smile on his face ... "enterprise is no. 1" ... or something like that ..

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I love the two bimbos at the reunion. They just look totally out of place. It could be one of the funniest ads out there, even though it's not trying to be. Great on many different levels.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

"Nice car, Moose!"

7. Now that Studio 60 apparently is out of commission, maybe Moose will film a follow-up.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I told my wife that the guy couldn't take those women home in the Cadillac, they'd see the Enterprise logo dangling off the key chain.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It pisses me off every time they show the Enterprise Rent-A-Car commercial with the car wrapped in pink wrapping paper. Boy, does that piss me off. ::)

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

They never really go all out on the sets. The one with the soccer mom calling about her car and the guy answering the phone in front of a sign reading "Repair Shop" comes to mind.

12. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

"Moose" was a bunch of commercials a few years back--I remember the Capital One commercials where he was eternally tormented by David Spade. So I googled it--of course, I have nothing better to do as I sit back and wait for the Memphis-Nevada game to end--and found this...

http://www.awfulcommercials.com/archives/2006/01/02/looking-good-moose/

Draft saved Draft deleted