1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enron 1 Files for Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/electric-car-firm-got-biden-visit-118m-stimulus-files-bankruptcy
    NSNews.com) - Ener1--a company that manufactures batteries for electric cars, and that received $118.5 million in federal stimulus money, and that Vice President Joe Biden visited last year the day after President Obama’s State of the Union Address—announced today that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Enron?

Also, when you start thread like this, it leads me to believe you might be less than truthful when you say you're voting for President Obama.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It is possible to support a candidate but acknowledge that not every single decision that candidate makes is the correct one.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And, in fairness, the grant was given to the company by the Department of Energy, not the White House.

5. Boom_70

Whenever you post on a thread, it makes me wonder why you came back.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Call it conflicting evidence, then.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I missed the pleasure of your company.

8. Boom_70

Specially if you are a registered Republican. I am not required to follow the democrat pledge to never say anything that might be construed as negative towards Obama.

I will be voting for Obama but will also continue to point out bad decisions made by the Obama administration.

Draft saved Draft deleted