1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enough Of This Stuff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 26, 2008.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/26/us/26atheist.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

It's time for crackpot fringe Christianity to be wrung out of the military wherever it is.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So in what way will the administration and the Pentagon sweep this one under the rug?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Speaking as a conservative, I can honestly say Major Welborn is a crackpot indeed. Ouch. It's none of his business.

4. No atheists-in-foxholes joke yet?
    I'm grieved.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

[​IMG]

Thank you for coming out to Lafayette Park today. In a minute, the George W. Bush players will perform its version of The Crusades. Remember, if you like what you see, a donation to director Dick Cheney would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They'll igore it, and proceed.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The soldier received threats from other soldiers?
    Maybe I don't understand Christianity as well as I thought, but that doesn't sound very Christian to me.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Those who claim to be the most "Christian" often act like this.

Real Christians don't act like this.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Unfortunately, the ersatz Christians are operating under protective cover, in too many cases.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How, exactly, did Christianity go from a religion of love and forgiveness to "If you don't pray to the same God we do, maybe you need to find another country."?

12. Obviously Christianity shouldn't have made that turn, but for many, it has.
    That's unfortunate, but it seems to be the way of the world today -- you believe EVERYTHING I believe or you are simply wrong and need to change.
    And that stuff about the Constitution is silly. Freedom of religion is the First Amendment. The country was founded by guys who sailed over here to get away from religious oppression.
    Good grief. Some people slept through all of their history classes.

Draft saved Draft deleted