1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

enough about conflict of interest, let's see some APSE results!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spankys, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Wow. Just looking at the list. Does everyone get an award?

2. No. :'(

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Plus, Ed Hinton is listed as Orlando Sentinel.

Utter bullshit. The Sun-Sentinel paid as much of his freight as Orlando.

4. Not me. Sucks. I put my absolute heart and soul into trying to be good at this. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be, though. Ah, well.

Anyway, congrats to all the talented winners. Except the one person on there I despise. But everyone else, great job!

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is a joke, right?

6. Gola's right. You can't put too much into these awards. It's way too subjective.

7. No, not joking. This is a very difficult business to move up in right now, and only the best of the best even have a prayer.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Winning an APSE award does not mean you are the best of the best. There are some trashy sections in some of those top 10's.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Also, you should be more concerned about writing good stories for your readers, rather than writing stories that will win meaningless awards.

10. I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive whatsoever. In fact, I kind of feel like I'm not giving my readers their money's worth, you know?

No need for pep talks. It's cool. I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything - not everyone is supposed to be good at everything.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Congratulations to a bunch of peeps who I only know by their noms de guerre, whomever you may be. :D

12. johnlydon

johnlydon New Member

I believe, Simon, while Sun-Sentinel did indeed help pay the freight, Orlando "handled" Hinton from an editorial standpoint.

Draft saved Draft deleted