1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Enjoyable minor league ballparks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael Echan, May 4, 2008.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I throw my vote to a stadium that doesn't host minor leagues anymore, Fleming Stadium in Wilson, NC.
    It was built in the 1930s and has been the home to a Carolina League team and a AA team before they moved to Zebulon.
    It's just a nice, old ballpark that is just fun to see a game at, and the North Carolina baseball museum is there so you can go get some history before the game starts. It currently hosts the Wilson Tobs (Tobacconists) of the Coastal Plain League (a summer collegiate league).

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For one day each year, Birmingham's Rickwood Field returns to own this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I'll meet up with anyone in Trenton given enough warning.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=3387225">ESPN.com has its top 10 places to sit in minor-league parks and some of these have been mentioned in this thread.</a>

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Didn't want to wade through six pages, but I'll throw in my nod toward Dodd Stadium for the Navigators (very nice luxury boxes).

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

oh noes

Draft saved Draft deleted