1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Engaged.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Dec 26, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I still cringe from seeing one of those scoreboard-at-a-stadium proposals where the girl said no.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Truer words have never been posted. The best part about getting married is no longer having to plan the wedding.

Just stay the fuck out of her way and say yes to everything she suggets. She's getting what she wants anyway so there's no use arguing! :D

Congrats!

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Congrats! Now save yourself a year of headaches and elope.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

And those are the smartest words ever posted.

Cadet, you're going to make some lucky guy very happy some day!!! :D

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wait, first mine are the truest words ever posted, then Cadet comes in with the same shtick and now hers are the smartest words ever posted? Man, it's always one step forward and two steps back with you, dickhead. :)

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hers are the smartest. Yours are the truest.

And she's so fucking right.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Cheers to the happy couple. I suggest a two-level reception at the Jeers/Assclowns superplex.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Congrats, PBR. Here's to many a happy year.

Here's a cold one for you and the future Mrs. PBR.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, the wedding planning alone may feel like an eternity, but....

Lots of good advice above about the planning. My best friend is getting married in October and I told him something pretty similar to what BYH said about staying out of her way.

Just remember this. No matter how perfectly it is all planned, something will go wrong that day...and most likely will be too busy having one of the best days of your life to care.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Congrats PBR.
    Let her think you want to be part of the process, but let her do all the work.

Case in point... I told my wife I wanted to help pick out the invitation design, but she knew I had no desire to spend hours looking through books of invitations. So when we find out there's someone her mom knows that does wedding invitations (and her mom wants to be part of the process since she's helping to pay for it all), I tell them to go ahead and look through the invitations and narrow it down to a half dozen or less then I can help decide what one to go with. Turns out they decided what one they wanted to go with so they picked that one and four others that looked good, but they knew I wouldn't like, so I'd be forced to choose the one they wanted.

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Congratulations pressbox on your engagement. Hope you and the soon to be missus have a lifetime of happiness together.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How to plan a wedding: plane tix to Vegas, a stay at the Bellagio and a quick run to the Vegas Wedding Chapel.

(How much do wedding planners normally get? Because now I'm looking for my check.)

Draft saved Draft deleted