1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Energy used by Gore’s home in past year could power 232 homes for a month

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Gotta love the ad at the bottom of this page. Ha ha ha. For purposes of this thread, the dials probably ought to go to 11.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Yeah, that was a ridiculous headline.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, this was the same topic of discussion about two to three years ago.

Now that I think about it, it was spring of '06 when Gore's Inconvenient Truth came about, I'm sure the thread was locked at some point

Same bullshit, just a different group.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're missing the point. This is actual data. You're saying they posted data from June '07 in '06? Wow.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The internet doesn't power itself, folks.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the guy he bought the credits from is now driving a brand new Jag.

What a fucking scam energy credits are.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's the same actual data, just updated. It's no different that saying "China had 4.5 times as many people in 2007 than the United States."

They had 4.5 times as many people in 2006, too. We know.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, people were posting "actual data" about the same subject back in '06. Only the numbers have changed in this latest report. Their thesis hasn't changed and neither has their use of that favourite right wing insult "hypocrite".

The numbers may have changed but there's nothing new to see here. More of the same from another right wing "center for policy research".

These guys don't even pass a basic smell test.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter and I'm not going back to dig up two year old posts.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But he made the changes LAST JUNE. I don't understand how this can be the same data from BEFORE he made the shift.

Explain.

10. Armchair_QB

Do as I say, not as I do...

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not the exact same data. It's just data that showed no meaningful change vis a vis the 2006 data.

We read in 2006 that his house consumed 20 times the energy of the average house. And that's basically what this story says.

Maybe the story is "he should have done something to lower that number but didn't!!!" Otherwise, nothing really to see here.

12. Armchair_QB

In other words, he hasn't done anything in the last 12 months to help the environment.

So the rest of us need to do MORE!

Draft saved Draft deleted