1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I like Amp, which is a Mountain Dew-branded energy drink. It goes well with raspberry Bacardi and on its own. They make them in 8, 16 and 24-oz. cans, the latter of which can be used as a weapon.

The energy drink + juice combos (Rockstar Juiced, Monster Khaos) aren't bad either.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

SoBe Adrenaline

3. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

I was surprised at Rockstar Juiced. It's not that bad compared to regular Rockstar or even Monster (I haven't tried Monster Khaos).

My favorite mixed drink with Red Bull is a Cherry Bomb - cherry vodka w/Red Bull.

And the 24 oz. energy drinks are pure evil. If Red Bull ever makes a 24 oz. size, I'll start writing my obituary.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bingo. I've stopped drinking regular coffee and now have a double shot at 8:30a and another around 3:30p -- little boost in the morning and another in mid-afternoon. Of course, if you don't eat right (good carbs and protein) and get rest, nothing short of pharmaceuticals is really going to work for more than an hour at a time. Think of it as establishing an energy base.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And who knew Moddy's been to prison?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

SoBe No Fear.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sobe's Adrenaline Rush — the best energy drink made — is now available in 16-ounce cans.
    On a side note, our copy chief drank something call Red Line last week. I thought he was about to have a conniption. He was sweating and shaking.

Draft saved Draft deleted