1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's with the new name? Are you going with Tex Slutsky long-term?

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Nah, screw it. I'll stick with something nice and safely dorky.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Buck, all those drinks are overpriced nothing nothings, compared to the things a drink called Full Throttle did to me. It's like heroin, in that each time I drink it, the stuff becomes less and less effective. But it's the only drink I turn to. I'm not sure why.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've spent a shitload of money the last 2 months on healthy juices with acai and pomagranate. Perhaps that is in order for you. You'll cut down on the sugars, and, they're good for you. Or so they say. Bossa Nova is really good.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Two 20-ounce Mountain Dews and 2 four-packs of Reese's was my road trip recipe for a long time, a white-trash speedball.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I love sugar free Red Bull; Mt. Dew, not so much. I have my reasons...

- When he was younger, my old ME had some teeth REMOVED because he drank too much Mt. Dew.

- I worked at KFC in my teens, and had a co-worker that was (and if alive, surely still is) addicted to caffeine.

How'd he feed his addiction, you ask? The dude chopped up caffeine pills and dumped them into a two-liter of Mt. Dew. :eek:

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The other night at my neighborhood convenience store, several people in line in front of me were buying energy drinks. Joe, who has worked behind the counter for years, said to me, "Everybody wants energy. 'Eat healthy. Exercise. Stop eating junk.' That's how you get energy."

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Some Thai boys who run a store across town get Red Bull from their homeland somehow and sell it. Not one lick of English on the can ... and that shit is 10x stouter than the American version.

What the hell do they put in that stuff? Sex change hormones or something?

Anyways, I won't touch the stuff. Mountain Dew does nicely.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't water really the best energy drink? Along with the other stuff like eating right and all that?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Full Throttle is Coke's answer to the energy drink craze, but it doesn't have the extra load of vitamins and minerals that Red Bull and SoBe No Fear1 have. Wal-Mart sells a brand called Rip It, which has all the vitamins and minerals but only costs a buck a can.

By the way, y'all ... the 16-ounce cans of energy drinks are supposed to be two servings of caffeine, sugar and what-not. So drink carefully.

For those of us who are still fighting ADHD as adults, the double-shot of caffeine has effects exactly like the Ritalin they made us take as kids.

1Which is from Pepsi. The SoBe No Fear Superman schtuff tastes like strawberry soda, and I think Daytona International Speedway failed to sell that stuff so spectacularly during the Pepsi 400 weekend that they probably have a warehouse full of leftovers.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've had Full Throttle. I don't like it.
    There's one called Stinger that really dos the trick for me, but it's disgustingly sweet.
    I don't know what it is. I don't usually feel rundown or anything.
    I'm just hooked on these things right now.
    I can't stop.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Water.
    Very good for you. Plentiful, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted