1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of the line for bus trips at CVG

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Aug 27, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

There are airports with far more aggravating means of transferring between flights, but here's one I won't miss.

Delta Air Lines Inc. will close the Comair concourse at the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and redirect all departures to other terminals, a shift that follows a 25 percent reduction in its local flights over the past year.

The redirection, to be complete in January, will mean passengers of Comair will no longer have to take a bus from the main terminal to Concourse C, which operates 48 gates. Delta expects Concourse C to be closed by January, and is working with the airport to add at least 11 passenger loading bridges, at a cost of $12 million, and other improvements at Concourses A and B to handle the added business. That process will take two to three years.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I won't miss it either. I've only changed planes in Cincy twice, but both times, that was a pain in the ass.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Of course, this all plays into the merger as well. Keeping the Northwest hub in MEM means CVG won't be as prevelant in the mainline routes. In fact, it'll become more of a RJ hub probably.

4. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Considering I can't fly to my hometown anymore because Delta dropped the RJ connection a few months back, I won't miss Concourse C, either :mad:

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I guess they won't be extending the train to there like they promised when they first opened that outpost! Seriously, when that place was crowded, it was like a Third World bus station. Good riddance!

Draft saved Draft deleted