1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of an era

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2011/11/23/yankees-rivera-hints-2012-could-be-final-season/

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. 2012 will be the end of the line for the great Rivera.

2. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

OK i misread that. He says that it could be his final year. I have a feeling it will be...what else does he have left to accomplish?

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll take his buddy Jetes with him

4. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Not a chance...Jetes is gearing up for a run at Pete Rose's hit record. You know this!

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you've blown him, you can call him Jetes...

The rest of us just call him Derek or Jeter.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I wanted to blow him but he's exclusive property of the Mankster. So I prefer to call him over-rated

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i just hope mo won't regret he stayed one year too long....

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Given that he was still the best reliever in the league by several orders of magnitude at age 42, I don't think he'll fold like that. Barring an injury (always a possibility), he'll still be the best reliever in the league next year or pretty damn close to it.

Love the Yankees or hate them, you can't help but be impressed by what Rivera has done at a position that typically has a very short shelf life, even for the best closers.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Geraldo?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So to recap, Mariano Rivera "indicates" that 2012 "might be" his last year. And this is news ... how?

2012 also "might be" the last year for every player in MLB, and the last year on Earth for everyone who posts on this board ...

12. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Too lazy to read the link, but didn't he say earlier in the year he's interested in pitching five or six more years? He could have it in him. Then again, one bad month and he could be on the street.

Draft saved Draft deleted