1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Empty suits pack Marlins game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dan Rydell, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Maybe . . . and maybe not. If they wind up with some steaming pile of garbage which goes 60-102, four years running . . . well, that'll be the test of how true love goes.

2. boots

boots New Member

You are a racist and insensative prick. Every Cuban is supposed to like baseball? Older citizens are supposed to like baseball because they have nothing to do? You are a young fool.
    Here are a few facts you stooge. Joe Robbie or Dolphin Stadium isn't exaactly in the best of neighborhoods. That plays a tremendous part and people don't want to see a crummy team in a bad area. Miami weather may be great for tanning but isn't great for baseball. From the humidity to the constant threat of rain, it's a tough place to ask someone to sit 3 and a half hours to watch baseball.
    Would a new retractable stadium work? Perhaps but people in Miami have so many other things to do. It's a short term fix but the long term solution may be to move the team. I know MLB wants a Florida presence but it's not working either there or in St. Petersburg.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Yet again, Boots, in his own little special way, agrees to disagree.
    Hey, Boots, climb off the victim ladder for a minute so I can be a little enlightening to you.
    There was nothing INSENSITIVE (see, I know how to spell!) or racist about the statement. If you remember back to when the Marlins were granted a franchise, they specifically would mention the support they were hoping to get from the Cuban community given their love of baseball. And as far as the retirees, I think a few live in FL.
    Everyone's a young fool to you.
    You're like our Abe Simpson, a cranky old man that only God knows what shit is coming from you next.

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah, I got invited to the Stoob PM war room yesterday, and all the juvenile little prick could think to do was throw Mommy slurs at me.

I laughed my ass off. What a loser.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just block him. It's easier than dealing with his stalking bullshit.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What doc said. It's really the way the way to go.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Cue up the Queen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.