1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Employers asking applicants for Facebook, Twitter passwords

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Mar 21, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm serious.

Available.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Perhaps. But there needs to be some balance. Someone who does nothing but scrub toilets does not get to demand $200,000 per year as a salary. But someone making $200,000 a year does not get to shit on the person scrubbing the toilets.

Asking people to give up their passwords is bullshit. Doesn't matter if you have something to hide or not.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If you don't like the requirements of the job creator offering the job, don't apply for it.

The miracle of the marketplace.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We get it. Repeating yourself 8,000 times really isn't necessary.

5. Starman

Yes, it is. People do not understand what is going on in the country.

You'll do what you're told by the job creators.

And we must get rid of all accursed regulations so they will be truly free. The evull evull guvvmint is impeding the unshackling of the free market.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

God, you're tiresome.

7. outofplace

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Nobody is arguing with you, Starman. Nobody seems to care about getting into the debate. So no, there really is no reason to repeat yourself unless being annoying is the goal.

8. Starman

Sorry to fuckin bother you. In the last four years I've been fucked out of $250,000 in lost home value and lost salary, and have been informed when I turn 65, everything will be gone. AND I KNOW WHOSE MOTHER FUCKING FAULT IT IS.

Somebody. Is. Going. To. Pay.

If it's poor innocent message board posters reading annoying posts, so be it. If it's somebody else, so be that as well. But Somebody Will Fucking Pay.

There is a full-fledged media conspiracy running interference for the corporatist machine.

If people don't sound off about it, the machine wins.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I was slightly arguing with him. I kind of cared to get into the debate.

Because he sounds like one of the ones behind a desk asking people for their Facebook passwords with his holier-than-thou attitude.

10. outofplace

Oh, so YOU are the troublemaker!

:D

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Then, absolutely, keep making ranting posts about the "guvvmint" on a sports journalism board. That'll show 'em.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted