1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmys: FNL snubbed.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jul 19, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Friday Night Lights - no acting noms. no best drama nom.

2. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

Yeah, but "Dick In A Box" got nominated for original song!

And "The Office" did really well...best series, actor for Steve Carrell, supporting actor for Rainn Wilson, supporting actress for Jenna Fischer.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's stupid, and absurd.

But not half as stupid as the fact that The Wire didn't get a single nomination.

That's truly the biggest disgrace. No could have watched the fourth season of The Wire and come away thinking it was anything other than one of the best seasons in television history. Not this year, in history. It's obvious that the people who vote on the nominations simply aren't even bothering to watch it.

4. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I'd theorize that Friday Noght Lights became too much of a teen angst type show, and they usually don't get much respect at the Emmys. There are some good actors in the show, but I can't say there was ever an episode that really stood out as Emmy worthy.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That Connie Britton did not get a nod, and that the three women of Grey's Anatomy did, is laughable.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Lost" got shut out too.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

another crime is that "The Shield" got snubbed again.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

"Baby look inside..."

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No Lauren Graham. Again. One of the best female characters in television history goes unrewarded.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The fact that Grey's Anatomy got so many nominations after that piece-of-shit season -- and Two And A Half Men was nominated for anything -- confirms that the Emmys are about buzz, not much more.

And once again, Scrubs gets screwed.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Agreed. Totally. When does it return?

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

This is a disgrace and takes away any credibility the Emmy's had left. I can not understand how the Emmy voters can continually snub this show.

Can I assume the Emmy voters earned the right to choose nominees because they are "experts" in acting, television, story telling, etc?

Draft saved Draft deleted