1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmys Anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Seems like he decided not to give his former employers the satisfaction...

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure if Fox was at risk at being made fun of - they'd let it ride. Right? But jeez, Chuck, lighten up. Enjoy the 15 rating Monday. It will be the last.

I'm guessing Sheen has been wondering why his phone hasn't been ringing lately.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention it...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know Chuck isn't exactly worried about money with two current shows in syndication and another that's doing very well, but he's is every bit as much to blame for the way they whole thing with Sheen went down as Charlie was himself.

Worst case scenario: The get two years out of Kutcher. Even if it's the worst move ever, they're not going to cancel a show that is already in syndication after one more year. Look at all the shows like According to Jim and Yes, Dear that were dragged along for extra seasons once they hit the syndication jackpot.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The guy on Grantland pretty much panned the whole thing, from the "Emmy-Tones" group to the In Memorium segment to Jim Parsons' victory to the voice-overs for the winners as they approached the stage.

The ONLY thing I agreed with was the voice-overs. Somebody was trying to be too cool.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Emmy ratings aren't too strong. At least, they haven't been since Fox started airing the show. Football last night more than doubled the A18-49 rating the Emmy's garnered.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've never seen Sofia Vergara look better.
    I hadn't realized that Claire Danes was so attractive.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was the line of the night.

9. jr/shotglass

She was underrated beautiful on "My So-Called Life," and has gotten steadily more beautiful since.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I gave "Mike and Molly" a couple of shots early in the season. Unless the writing and acting drastically improved, no reason why Sookie deserved the award.

And Julie Bowen -- eat something.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The wife and I watched the show last night. When Kate Winslet won, my wife commented that if her boobs popped out of her dress, FOX wouldn't have to censor it because everyone has seen them anyway.
    A quick discussion on the most seen actress boobs in a movie began. My wife concluded that between Titanic, The Reader, Little Children, etc. it would be tough to top Ms. Winslet.
    My only response was that people only saw Monster's Ball and Swordfish to see Halle Berry topless.

12. jr/shotglass

Marisa Tomei isn't a lifetime leader, but if she continues her rate of the past three years ...

Draft saved Draft deleted