1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmylou Harris

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 19, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Are you as stunned as I am to realize that's she's 60? Her birthday was April 3.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Arts/Music/2007/04/19/Leader_of_the_Pack/index.shtml

And a huuuuuuuge Atlanta Braves fan, as noted in the documentary of the "O Brother" Ryman Auditorium shows.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Sixty is the new forty.

[​IMG]

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You talkin' age with Dolly, or bust size?

Gram Parsons would be 61 this November, had he lived. ELH first worked with him on GP in 1972, which is 35 years ago. Elite Hotel, her first big album, was released in 1976, I believe.

So yes, it's hard on one level to think she's 60, but time marches on. Ringo Starr is almost 65.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I was stunned that Emmylou is 60, also. I have always thought she was simply beautiful, and she just keeps getting better with age.

5. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Ringo is 66, actually.

6. Oooooohh....Las Vegas!
    (Z-Man, your movie was on TCM last week.)

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Emmylou is just smokin. Love the hair.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Reminds me of this oldie but a goodie, at 62 now!

[​IMG]

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Emmylou has always been a favorite. I must say, however, she didn't look nearly as good as the above photo in the closeup shots in Neil Young's Prairie Wind movie last year. They do wonders with makeup these days.

10. casty33

casty33 Active Member

And don't forget that Diane "Legs" Sawyer is 60.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

I HEART ME SOME EMMYLOU!!!

i was at a springsteen show about 3 years ago and she made an appearance to sing with him. looked damn good.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yes she did...even if could only see her on the video screen because I was too far away to see her without the video screen :)

Draft saved Draft deleted