1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The fact that Katey Sagal didn't even get a nomination for Sons of Anarchy makes these awards irrelevant.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was thrilled to see Kyra Sedgwick win. The Closer has been one of my favorite shows for the last five years.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was bummed that Glee didn't win best comedy over Modern Family. I think it sort of illustrates the problem.

Glee's best non-Jane Lynch moments are their drama moments (Kurt and his dad and his whole coming out, Will moving on from his marriage and finding out his wife's pregnancy was a sham, etc.) It's a dramady but it's in the comedy sector without being a true comedy.

I think they really need to create a category for those shows that are in between.

The Emmys did pique my interest on the made-for-TV movies made this year. I have a weird fascination to see the Kevorkian film now, as well as the Temple Grandin one.

Draft saved Draft deleted