1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 16, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Where does Martin & Lewis cost $5.00?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

god thinks Tim Riggins deserves an Emmy for hittin Lyla, Tyra and the MILF next door

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I don't believe in TV.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Field is entitled to her beliefs, but I've always hated when actors use that kind of forum to rant about them... It doesn't matter if I agree with them or not...

I remember when Jim Carrey came out at the Oscars awhile back and this was right after Richard Gere had spouted off about Mongolia or something and Carrey raised his hands over his head and screamed "Viva Ecuador!" or something like that... It was funny as hell...

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Howard Kurtz made an interesting point in his little Post chat this morning: Fox essentially censored the news by editing Fields comments. What if a rambling war rant had ended with "I renounce my American citizenship?" That would have been a big news story, missed by millions because some Fox flunkie had his hand on the botton. Whether you think it's inappropriate or not to use it as a forum for anti-war views, you take a big risk in editing stuff you don't like just "cause."

Also, I subscribe to the law of contrary public opinion. If everyone thinks one thing, then I say, bet the other way.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

couldn't disagree more. shatner and spader are brilliant in boston legal. have never liked shatner in anything else.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The money's out there, you pick it up, it's yours - you don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out on those sits tonight and close, close - it's yours. If not, you're going to be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar: ''Oh yeah, I used to be a salesman. It's a tough racket.''

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This watch costs more than your car.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

amen. as long as he leaves connie britton for me, we're cool. 8) ;D 8)

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I've never been much of a Spader fan but he's great in Boston Legal, which is on my can't-miss list. Shatner is funny as hell in it too, and I'm not much of a fan of his in anything else. Of course, it also doesn't hurt that Julie Bowen graces my TV screen several times during each episode ...

Draft saved Draft deleted