1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 16, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That guy's a fuckin' asshole. Anbody who talks to that asshole is a fuckin' asshole.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

They saluted what might have been the best show in the history of television.
    Yeah, you're right. Why give them a bow?
    And for the record, the ending of the Sopranos was brilliant. To kill off Tony in a spray of bullets would have been the cheapest possible ending. To fade to black over the family dinner setting would have added a tone to the end that didn't fit the series. Instead, Chase gave you an incredible air of tension hanging over an otherwise lovely family occasion -- and suggested to all of us that this loving family had a darkness to it that it would not escape.
    It was perfection.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Friday Night Lights not nominated?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Emmy voters couldn't find their dick, two hands and a map.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What he said.

6. heyabbott

Put your name on the board.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

You know what it takes to sell real-estate? It takes brass balls to sell real estate.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The name of the show is the EMMY AWARDS. They're supposed to be about TV, not making some speech about the war, whether you believe in it or don't. I had no problem with what Sally said. It was far less offensive than Michael Moore going off at the Oscars. Her mistake was putting the God in front of damn, which is a no-no on any broadcast network (or is it?).

Considering Fox's entertainment division has the lowest standards of any network, though, I'm surprised they cut it. :)

9. heyabbott

All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheat on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, go ahead, be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me.

You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I would not so far as to say "far superior," but agree those networks have, on average, better shows. But to paint networks with a broad brush isn't fair. I think the glut of cheaply made, yet poorly constructed reality shows have pushed networks toward better scripted programs. When network suits can throw a "Dancing with Makeover Idols in the Kitchen" on the air for comparative pennies, they have lately tended to be more selective about scripted shows. And that has made television better overall.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll take non-sequiturs for $200, Alex.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Through my direct divine connection, I learned that neither God nor myself gives a shit about the Emmys. Of course, I knew that I didn’t give a shit because if I did, I would have watched it. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted