1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The leads are weak.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

These are the Glengarry leads. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Always the best fashion statement, no matter the season.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Frankly, I was disappointed the Britney didn't make an appearance. The pre-show had a breathless "breaking news" report that she would be on the Emmys to apologize for the VMAs.

(Emmy producer, on the phone with Britney):
    "Britney, babe, ... um, well.... We'd LOVE to have you on but, well ...um ... the show is really PACKED, ya know ... lots of awards, production numbers, that sorta thing. ... We'll probably get off the air late as it is. ... Yeah, well, anyway nice talkin' ... Good luck with the album. ..."

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

The Craig jokes are already old, I preferred Conan's writers. As each one was announced, an illegal immigrant jumped into the back of a pickup truck. Conan's name was announced last, and he was in the cab, gave a thumb's up and drove off.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I am suprised that James Spader won for Lead Actor. Thought Gandolfini would win and if not him, then Hugh Laurie. They went right to a shot of Denis Leary to see his reaction because on the red carpet, he said that if he won for some reason or if Gandolfini did not win, he would illicit a shocked reaction.

Yeah, Sally Field's speech had an agenda which was not needed during an acceptance speech.

The Sopranos winning best drama was great but the Academy thought the ending of the show deserved props...wow! The ending of the Sopranos was the worst I ever saw, considering all the pre-hype for it.

I saw the highlights as I did not watch the show per say and glad I did not.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

But she got her point across before the profanity.
    Note, it happened twice more within the show and the delay did the same exact thing and for the same amount of time.
    She shouldn't have done it, and she looked like a stammering fool anyway.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Why? Why she should not have stated what she was thinking?
    I guess you prefer your awards shows to be wrapped up nice and neat with thankings of God strewn all about.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Will you go to lunch?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

No, say what you want, even if it's not the place or time, but had she not cussed, no one is talking about it anyway because the delay doesn't get used.
    And for the record, Pastor, judging by the ratings, not even God cares about the Emmys anymore

:D

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Get them to sign on the line which is dotted.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like every show you listed, but I still think what is on Showtime, HBO, FX, USA etc... is far superior to what is on the networks...

Draft saved Draft deleted