1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

So you are in support of political censorship if the time or place is what you consider to be inappropriate.

Duly noted.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Like I said, I care less if it's political or otherwise.
    It ain't your show, it's not an excuse to hijack free air time for your personal use.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

They are allowed a speech as an award winner, no? Then as an award winner, they should get their air time to deliver a speech of their choosing.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

What does what she said have to do about an award for a television show?
    Nothing.
    And you could tell it was planned, but she got nervous and forgot most of it.
    Also, this was no ploy by Fox. She said something bad, the delay was put in place, and it cycled out after 7 seconds. Just like it's supposed to.

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I stopped watching TV after Sports Night got yanked.

Dirty rotten bastards.

6. Does anyone seriously believe that, had she gotten up there and said, "We should all support our troops in their glorious fight against the Islamonazifascists and bring peace and freedom to the Iraqi people, goddamn it." that Fox would have bleeped anything BUT the profanity?
    Please.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Wasn't sure if it was because of the anti-war sentiment or the apparent use of the GD word.
    But if she can't even remember her freakin' speech, should we feel bad that her message was pre-empted?

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

They apparently censored Ray Romano for talking about his TV ex banging Fraser on their new show.

9. Now THAT'S funny.
    Also, how in the name of god must Aaron Sorkin be feeling this morning? He throws all that production value into Studio 60, and Tina Fey's little-show-that-could on the same topic -- starring TRACY FREAKING MORGAN -- wins the Emmy. The difference?
    Baldwin.
    ALWAYS BE CLOSING!

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Why can’t all award winners deliver the great speeches that have cycled through in the past? You know, the ones where everyone thanks god and their mothers and fathers. As we all know God is the real arbiter of awards and thus it is only proper to credit him since God definitely didn’t want Kiefer Sutherland to win.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Coffee's for closers only.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Now I know why I don't watch the Emmys. After looking at the winner list, I've never seen 85% of the shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted