1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

emmitt smith vs. jeff pearlman

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clingerman, Sep 8, 2008.

1. clingerman

clingerman New Member

emmitt smith is one of the worst guys on tv, and pearlman isn't one of my favorites. (but the bad guys won was pretty good, i'll admit) so i would be split on this. but i was watching outside the lines yesterday when emmitt took the last-second shot at pearlman, and it immediately struck me as amateur bullshit from a real putz. i actually covered emmitt briefly at uf as an intern, and he was a fool back then, too.

i've been witness to this before--athlete doesn't think reporter has the right to comment/indulge in what he couldn't possibly understand.

http://deadspin.com/5046630/morning-blogdome-emmitt-does-not-appreciate-the-distruthfulness-of-the-book

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Emmitt's beard is weird, and his 'stache is trash, or so I've heard.

Also, he may be the worst analyst on TV, and until he can put together a string of sentences together coherently, I'm not going to listen to him.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

If that's the case, then Emmitt Smith can't comment on the English language.

Draft saved Draft deleted