1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmitt Smith is committing capital murder on the English language

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 13, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Running backwards does not win Super Bowls.

At least Barry Sanders would not be late to set because he was with a woman. Oh wait...

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Here's what I don't understand about Siragusa -- the one thing which he can possibly comment on intelligently is the line play of the teams. Instead, they have him standing outside one of the end zones, usually far away from the play. I think that he's a moron, but how can he possibly give any meaningful analysis where they have him standing?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Young is great on the local AM radio show in the morning. He provides hilarious anectdotes.

ESPN has some good talent, Hoge, Jackson and even Salisbury at least know what they are talking about. Salisbury is a little much but he at least takes a position and backs it up with some analysis.

Have watched the NFL Network a couple of times and Woodson, Mariucci and Deion seem to more into analysis than "hey look at me."

I cannot wait until the pendulum swings back and we get more Dan Patrick and less Stuart Scott.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I have to amend my statement to include Schlereth, yes.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Is it just me that thinks that Trey Wingo really annoying?

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Great thread title -- it's true! It's damn true!

7. 93Devil

I kind of liked the older days when the guys started stuffy, but then they would show their lighter side after they were established.

I'm thinking of Tom Mees (RIP) or Bob Ley.

8. 93Devil

I don't think it is premeditated, so I think a judge may amend the charges to reckless endangerment.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I don't think Schlereth is that good. He's managed to basically memorize a pattern of sound bite terminology that he can string together to form a comment. His vocal delivery and speed is smooth, but the actual content of what he's saying: he's not telling me anything.

And Hoge comes off with some of the most loony statements I've ever heard, and they seem to be getting worse over time.

My question on Salisbury is whether ESPN had to negotiate a separate contract with/for his ego.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love ripping Siragusa for sounding like a Sopranos extra and then dropping a Goodfellas reference in the following sentence. :)

11. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

But when it's time for professional business, dollar to donuts says he breaks out the good shit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120182859513&ih=002&category=11846&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Leave him alone!!!!

He's a country boy. What you expect. Shannon Sharpe is worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted