1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emergency Savings: Do you have a cash reserve?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Nov 17, 2008.

?

If you lost your job today, how long could you pay your expenses?

1. 1 month

10 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. 2 months

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. 3+ months

31 vote(s)
    39.2%
  4. Are you kidding?

27 vote(s)
    34.2%
  5. I married a sugar daddy/momma, I'm set

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Speaking of credit cards, I think it's better to spend your last $5 in cash instead of putting $5 on a credit card and racking up interest charges.

And credit cards can be good, if you control your spending and pay them off in full each month.

I make about $200 in a year off my credit card, because I have one that pays cash back. Frequent flier miles are useless if you don't travel, and "rewards points" are crap. I get 1-5 percent back off each purchase, which adds up to about $200 each year of free money. It's not my money being siphoned into a separate account, it's money they pay me to use the card and because I don't build up interest it's all mine.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Call DTV and tell them you may have to suspend your service for a year or so because of the economy. You will get a discount because DTV wants something each month.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted