1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Email

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 4, 2015.

?

Do you use your personal email to conduct work business?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Why?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you working with David Brock at Media Matters? ;):D

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. bigpern23

Ha, I had to Google that, but well-played. :D

Boom_70 likes this.
  4. Boom_70

It won't be a full blown Clinton scandal until Lanny Davis starts making the rounds on the cables.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's such a good idea to assume that these 55,000 emails are the entirety of her electronic correspondence.

old_tony likes this.
  6. bigpern23

I haven't assumed that.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes. This is what I mean. I don't trust her, or any politician, to self-report everything. Why should I?

I'm also not saying she IS hiding something. I'm saying there's every reason in the world, judging by her own actions, to suspect that she is.

People with nothing to hide don't purposely circumvent record-keeping laws for the entirety of their term.

But, by all means, cull what you have for anything nefarious. Find some kind of assurance that you've documented everything. Once those two things happen, I'm good to go. But it still is what it is - an arrogant flaunting of transparency laws.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a big flap that Rove and (I think) Cheney were using private emails stored on private servers and thus didn't have to turn them over?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced she's hiding anything in particular.

I think that she thinks everything she does is worth hiding, particularly since she had one goal as Secretary of State, and that was to emerge unscathed with the line on her resume.

10. Boom_70

I doubt that she would hide anything except her personal stuff. I believe that I read that Sandy Berger was the adviser who reviewed all the
    e -mails and decided which ones should be sent to The State Dept. He has always been known as a man of integrity.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the kerfuffle where the emails were "lost" after a server "crash" that resulted in Rove, Alberto Gonzales and several other high-ranking DOJ officials resigning?

I'm sure that was just a huge overreaction, too.

12. Boom_70

It was not a big deal either that The IRS lost a bunch of e-mails from a server being changed.

Draft saved Draft deleted