1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Email smear campaign accuses politician of gay sex affair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. To me this is a lose-your-job impeachment offense.
    It's one thing to deny and lie.
    If these two are having an affair, their denial is basically calling the "cop" a liar. They are trying to discredit someone with no stake in the game. If the "cops" claims are true these two should stripped naked and run out of town.
    And while I suspect they are probably having an affair - and I suspect additional details of other meeting will come out - if the "cop" is lying he should be canned. No questions asked.

Killick likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and her husband's a pastor. And both have railed about the sanctity of marriage, of course.

Mack also claims the info from the report was "obtained illegally" by the Pioneer Press, but the paper merely got it from the computerized court document system that's available to anyone in the public.

Classic.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"Whether it was the third vote or the fourth vote or the fifth vote, they were going to eventually get me," he said according to the Associated Press.

Right, because it was a witch hunt, not because you acted improperly.

But during an earlier speech requesting censure, Gamrat had said: "I firmly believe in restoration and redemption. I have done everything I can to redeem this situation, and I'm sincerely sorry for what this has caused. I still believe my actions warrant censure, but not expulsion."

Translation: My actions don't warrant expulsion because I'm a white conservative women. If it was one of them thare black folk, who cares?! They're corrupt, anyway.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Too bad they're being allowed to slink away by Michigan's teabag puppet legislature. It would have been fun to see them twist in the wind a while longer and be held up as punching bags for public ridicule.
    Obviously it was decided in the offices of ALEC where this crew gets its marching orders, that they had to wash this mess out of their hair.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Gamrat filed to run in the special election to fill her former seat.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hopefully full prosecution on embezzlement charges is on the front burner for both these idiots.

Hopefully also the legislature announces plans that should either or both "win" their reelection bids, they will be re-expelled by unanimous voice vote the moment they are sworn in.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Gamrat was expelled for the duration of this term. The legislature says it won't reseat her.

What would worry me is that both of these primary fields are crowded. The vote is going to be split a ton of ways, which could open the door for these clowns to return to Lansing.

Draft saved Draft deleted