1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Email smear campaign accuses politician of gay sex affair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I left Michigan more than 20 years ago, but I still follow the politics there a little bit. Courser caught my attention months ago -- it's like you were just waiting for the other shoe to drop. That always seems to be the case when a politician is that ridiculously over-the-top strident on "family values."

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ugh. He did it because "he was forced to."

Tea Party Republican Explains Why He Made Up Gay Sex Story About Himself

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I grew up in Lansing. I don't know what the Lansing mafia is. Unless they're relocated witnesses. Because that's a place where you ask for spaghetti with marinara and they bring you egg noodles with ketchup.

I Should Coco, Killick and Riptide like this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Or, so you'd have us believe...

LANSING MAFIA IS REAL!

6. Starman

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  7. The greatest trick the Lansing mafia ever pulled was convincing everyone it didn't exist ... And getting everyone to put ketchup on spaghetti.

Ace likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Invisible Lansing Mafia mixed with ketchup covered spaghetti could drive me to do all sorts of things. Let's give this guy a comfy straight jacket and a nice quiet room.

9. Starman

10. I must be getting soft...
    Should she quit for having an affair? For just having an affair?
    Disclaimer: I have not delved into this a lot .. so as far as I am aware she broke no laws.
    Would I vote for her? Prolly not. But ... should she resign for say being hypocrite, if she was/is one of those family values thumpers? If that's the case, then I say yes.

11. Starman

She's actually described as an "unusually extreme" teabagger. You can imagine what that entails.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

A Facebook friend of a Facebook friend just posted this:

<<
    Anyone calling Cindy Gamrat a "whore" is wrong. Sex workers do it for the money and are honest about their trade. Gamrat did it because she's a hypocrite and she thought she could get away with it.

Yes, I just said that Cindy Gamrat is less trustworthy than a prostitute. No, I won't apologize. >>

Draft saved Draft deleted