1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elway sowing his wild oats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 26, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Good for him. Hope they're happy. He'll probably be spending a lot of time in Tempe the next couple years watching his son play at ASU.

I guy I used to cover and occasionally still see at games also married a former Raider cheerleader. She looked much more like the girl next door than a tarted-up skank, was very intelligent, they have three kids and they're pretty darn happy.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Saw 'em when I flipped over to the Miami-UNC game on Saturday. Took me a minute before I realized there was an insert there.

I'd post a picture if I could find one.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just recycling the 80's LA Rams' "Embraceable Ewes" when T&A was rampant before the Christian Coalition spoiled everything.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She doesn't look too slutty to me.

But yeah, I would expect Oakland's cheerleaders have a pretty high Skank Factor. It's Oakland.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I truly don't understand why this is notable in any way.

A 46 yr old former athlete, who has been divorced for 5 years, is marrying a 41 year old who was a cheerleader twenty years ago.

Wow.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Elway has had a relatively rough go of it since his retirement - loss of his twin sister, his beloved father, and the crumbling of his marriage.

I hope the greatest quarterback in NFL history has found happiness.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Terry Bradshaw said on Sunday that he could tell by the body language that Brett Favre was unhappy playing in New York... ;)

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was going to ask what in the world the greatest quarterback in NFL history had to do with a thread about Elway.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Signs point to no.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Not even close.
    Unitas.
    Montana.
    Marino.
    Probably Brady.
    Otto Graham.
    Probably Sammy Freakin' Baugh.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

You're right. Forget about the NFL career record for wins (since broken by Favre) while playing most of his career for a slightly above-average team. Finally he gets a running back, and he wins two Super Bowls. Three hundred passing touchdowns, No. 3 in passing yardage, completions and attempts.

Meh. Nothing special.

12. If you're throwing out those numbers to support your claim, shouldn't that make Favre the greatest quarterback in NFL history?

Draft saved Draft deleted