1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elway sowing his wild oats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why the long face, John?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

From the ESPN story comments:

Not only do the Bronco players destroy the Raiders on the field, but when they are done they #$%$ their cheerleaders!

Now that's funny ...

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If you're getting married, that's pretty much the opposite of sowing wild oats.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He has a second marriage. So what?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was trying to make a subtle joke about his horse face.

It was either that or "Is that a carrot in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Ah. I'm impossibly handsome, and I'm not currently nailing Raiders cheerleaders. Horse face wins.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh, I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of Raider cheerleaders who are willing to go "date" any of us if the price is right. Alas, they probably look like the prostitute Earl's dad nearly nailed last night on My Name Is Earl.

Still, it makes for a great conversation starter with your friends. "Me and John Elway have a lot in common."

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was partial to the "The honeymoon will be held at Santa Anita so he can run in the Breeders Cup Classic."

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

A true story;

Summer of 1999; Next weekend after Tiger wins his first PGA at Medinah. Tiger is playing at Castle Pines out in Colorado. Coincidentally, it's not long after Elway announces his retirement.

After the Friday round, I'm walking to the parking lot, and sure as shit, there's Elway right in front of me. About 10 of us see him, and we politely and quietly ask him for an autograph.

His then wife (who is not only smoking hot, but was major-league drunk at the time.) starts yelling and berading us, "Why can't you people leave us alone. We're just here trying to enjoy a golf tournament, and you people can't leave us alone."

John turns around to face her, and he mouths the words "SHUT THE FUCK UP" to her. She storms off to the limo, and about a minute later, he was gone too.

But, my hat got signed.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Awesome

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Ex Raiderette??

Is she provably and demonstrably hot?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Alas, Elway was gone before Chef could ask him if he wanted a self-taught dentist to fix his teeth.

Draft saved Draft deleted