1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elvis Week 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love my Elvis Christmas CD, which leads off with this song.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about the cheesy 60s stuff included in it. I always just remember EP doing the original "Unplugged" on that show, and forgot the odd interpretative dance segments and Elvis battling the "Big Boss Man" (not the rassler) skit.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I should note that all the times I listed are Eastern.

I have the 68 comeback on DVD. If I Can Dream ends the show and is awesome. But the song I like best in his comeback? Heartbreak Hotel. He turns it into an all-out rock song.

4. 1. Mystery Train
    2. Suspicious Minds
    3. Jailhouse Rock (my parents had a jukebox with this 45 on it)

When I get home, I'm setting the TiVo for Friday's midday showing of the '68 special.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm more than a little disappointed inky isn't joining in on elvis avatar appreciation week.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love me tender with an avatar, TP, and I'll put one up

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i was going to use this one tomorrow, but more than happy to hook you up, du ... young elvis.

www.hazelwood.k12.mo.us/~mcurran/webpage06/epresley/young%20elvis.jpg

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thanks, holmes. It actually works out to have a young Elvis. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday; 64. She and my dad saw Elvis perform often in Vegas, but not nearly as much as my dad's parents.

Hoisting a glass and — CHEERS — clinking,
    Xan

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My bad. I've got it set where I don't see anybody's side saddle so I never even think about changing mine. I'll see what I can find today.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Get your terrible towel out of my face.

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

You want Elvis, go over to Canadian Idol and you get Ben Mulroney who looks like Elvis with that ridiculous hairdo and competitor Jaydee Bixbee who sounds like him...yikes.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Elvis Trivia:

Elvis didn't just walk into Sun Record and the rest was history. He recorded a song (supposedly for his mama) and then bugged Sam and the secretary for a full year before he recorded That's Alright (Mama) and became a star.

Draft saved Draft deleted