1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elton Brand to 76ers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 8, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Couldn't agree more.

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

In the playoffs teams won't let him drive to the basket. They'll force him to shoot and he won't be able to do it. See: playoffs, 2008.

That will be the team's biggest weakness as a whole. Nobody has any range.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

It would be more spot on if people were riled up about it in this case. I think most of the reaction has centered on the way Brand handled the departure, not the departure. Though I will ask, was the money that much more in Philly? I guess I've assumed it had to be, but I thought I heard yesterday that the Clips offer was similar. I haven't seen the actual figures on their offer though.

4. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

brand said at his presser that he turned down more money to sign with the 76ers

"We all coined it the ‘Philly Max’ – they gave everything they could, and another team I passed on, didn’t come close to that. Just having the fact that they believe in me and gave me everything they could, even though it was less (money) – that really hit home with me and made me say, ‘Hey that’s the kind of people I want to work for and work with.’”

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Caught Brand on PTI. He said "It wasn't about the money." Great, now we have that cleared up ::)

It probably seems like I'm obsessed with this, but the situation really just seems to strange to me and I find it interesting. He really didn't clear anything up in the interview, though that probably had as much to with LeBatard lobbing some high-arcs in there as anything else.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Add Elton Brand to the same team that had a 2-1 lead on Detroit and you have a team finishing off the Pistons on its way to playing Boston in the Eastern Conference finals.

Draft saved Draft deleted