1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elliptical help needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Apr 22, 2014.

1. I would use that money and join a gym instead.
    For less than you'll spend on the machine, you get a full gym to use -- even classes if so inclined - and you'll lose weight faster.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Excellent point, Sic. I bought an exercise bike and used it about a dozen times. Then I went to the gym and ended up going steadily for a few years. Am off the wagon right now, but I'll get back soon. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many people I know who have expensive exercise equipment that is gathering dust. But I guess I could say the same about the people I know (including me) who pay for gym memberships they don't use. But the gym is a lot cheaper.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The ones at the gym in my apartment are lifestyle. I like them. Sorry I can't help more than that.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's a Vision Fitness one in the basement of my building. It has a workout on it called Sprint 8, which is a really good, intense 20-minute interval session.
    I use the Sprint 8 occasionally, but like to mix it up with other workouts, usually 30-minute weight loss or interval ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted