1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elling to Sportsline full-time

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, May 17, 2007.

1. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

Good for Elling. But is SportsLine really going to have a full-time golf writer?

Can't imagine that's a wise investment of resources. Unless it's some sort of combo deal with CBS or something.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Considering how much coverage CBS does of the PGA Tour, it makes perfect for SportsLine to have a full-time golf writer.

3. I'm with A through H on this one

these people shouldn't be in our industry

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The problem with Steve is that the fools he won't suffer are, in many cases, people who merely have different opinions. Between him and Prisco, they now have two guys who are totally convinced they've never been wrong about anything, whether it's Phil hitting driver instead of 3-wood or who the Bucs should have taken with their fifth-round pick.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Point taken. There's some truth to this I can't debate.

But if you talk to Steve and point out something that's wrong in an intelligent, pragmatic manner, he'll come around. Trust me, I've done it and it wasn't easy... especially from someone he called "PR Boy."

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

As journalists, we gleefully rip on athletes and coaches who have done wrong when they receive their "second chances." We question "The integrity of the GAME!!!!" when someone who has broken a cardinal rule like taking performance enhancers is allowed to continue playing the game. We lament these second chances that some athletes get because, as I first remember reading from Jim Murray, "There are two sets of rules: one for most of us, and one for those who can throw or hit the curveball."

I'm not sure what the difference is between athletes' situations and those mentioned above by abcdefgh.

Draft saved Draft deleted